Depression is a very serious mental illness that often goes unnoticed for years. People with concealed depression are battling demons within themselves all on their own.
They are not sharing their struggles and do not want to burden those around them. You see, for most people wounds are not something we are open about. We tend to bottle things up and attempt to remedy them on our own. If you are reading this then you must know someone who you feel you need to better understand or you relate to this yourself. The following 15 habits are some of the most common I have noticed in people dealing with concealed depression.
1. The Are Often Quite Talented And Very Expressive. Alot of famous people have suffered from mental illnesses, and this suffering gives them deeper emotions. If you really think about it, this is in some form a source to their greatness. While we cannot always see it, their struggles are often reflected in their works. These people are able to bring something beautiful out of the darkness that consumes them.
2. They Tend To Search For Purpose. We all need a purpose in this life. We want to be sure that we are in some form doing meaningful things. People suffering from hidden depression are not exempt from this. They too want to know the reason for their existence. They are much more susceptible to feeling things like inadequacy and anxiety which leaves them searching for something they can never seem to achieve in their own minds.
3. Sometimes They Make Muted Cries For Help. Sometimes we all need help. When we are not expecting someone to feel weak or to be down in the dumps, we don't see their cries for help. However, if you notice their cries and can help them in any way, you are creating a very close and trust filled bond with them.
4. They Interpret Substances Differently. Someone who is dealing with depression usually knows what it is they can take to ease their pain in a sense. They know that caffeine and sugar will raise their mood and that some medicines can help them. They actually have to put a lot of effort into feeling better, unlike most people. It is not as simple as taking a Tylenol when you have a headache.
5. They Often Have A Very Involved Perception Of Life And Death. People suffering from depression often face their own mortality in moments of despair and seek answers to life's deepest questions. They tend to shift from one terrible mindset into another. Sure, not all depressed people deal with suicidal thoughts, but some do.
6. They Have Strange Eating Habits. People with depression may not be able to eat much or at all when they are at their worst. That being said some of them may eat more when at their worst. It varies from person to person.
7. They Have Abnormal Sleeping Habits. People with depression will often sleep for what seems like or may literally be days. Sleep at times can be impossible while other times could be the only thing left that the person can do. When a person is depressed they are dealing with a state of helplessness that will rock their world. Queimador De Gordura Elimina Barriga Descaída Em 4 Dias Kankusta Duo Ads by Revcontent Find Out More > 29,572
8. They Have Abandonment Issues Usually. If you have dealt with abandonment then you know how terrible it can be. When someone walks out of your life it can be a devastating, but this impacts those with depression much more than other people. It causes them to be more and more secretive about their feelings and creates a fear within them of being abandoned by their loved ones.
9. They Are Professionals At Coming Up With ‘Cover-Up’ Stories. They are able to come up with believable elaborate excuses for the things they are going through. Like if they skip an appointment or don't return your calls for days. They can easily change the subject when things like this come up and turn the attention away from their pain.
10. They Might Have Habitual Remedies. There are several different lifestyle changes a person can make as an attempt to ease their minds. For instance, these people may do things like exercise, listen to music, go walking, and so forth.
11. They Are Aways Making Efforts To Seem Happy. People suffering from depression learn to fake moods. They will often come off as happy and normal on the outside. When they let their inner struggles appear on the outside they feel as if they are bringing others down.
12. They Seek Love And Acceptance. People with hidden depression are not hiding their depression because they want to be dishonest, they are just working to protect their hearts. These people want to be loved and accepted just like everyone else.
13. They Have Trouble Shutting Off Their Brains. These people process everything going on in their lives at a fast speed. They over analyze the good and the bad making everything impact them much deeper. Their brains are like sponges absorbing everything that comes their way.
14. They Hurt When Other People Hurt. When other people are suffering it brings them down to their worst points. This sort of thing often triggers their emotional pain and can be crippling.
15. They Always Think Of The Worst-Case Scenarios. While this is very stressful it can be beneficial from time to time. A high intelligence seems to be linked with depression, and they are able to respond to anything that comes their way. This makes them good problem solvers for the most part. If you or someone you care about is suffering from concealed depression either get help or offer a helping hand. Fighting this alone is not easy or productive. The world can be a wonderful place if you get the help you need nothing can stand in your way. You are not a burden to others and the people who love and care about you want to help you, let them.